Wind Turbines - 2006
This is all about harnessing wind energy, with wind turbines for the domestic market. Apparently David Cameron (Tory leader of the Opposition) is having a wind generator put on his London house*, so we decided to investigate the feasibility of such a venture.
The wind turbine, or domestic wind turbine in this case, has these terms associated with it:
* He hasn't had much luck actually! Having finally had it erected on the side of his house, he's been told to take it down again because it's installed incorrectly!
- small wind turbine - small enough to go on the side or roof of a house
- wind turbine blades - must be able to withstand the harsh British climate
- wind turbine manufacturers - not that many!
- wind turbine power - how much power can a wind turbine produce (eg, 15 kw wind turbine, 1kw wind turbine)
- wind farms
- offshore wind farm