Act on CO2
The UK Government has launched a campaign to reduce car CO2 emissions by better driving and car care.
Their page of Smarter Driving Tips and Advice
lists all the sensible things we don't always remember:
- Inflate your tyres to the correct pressure, and check them regularly
- Keep clutter out of your car
- Drive at the right speed; excessive speed uses a lot more fuel
- Predict traffic flow ahead to avoid stopping and starting; instead slow down sooner and accelerate more gradually
- Keep engine revs down - for a diesel car, change up around 2000rpm
- Don't let the engine run on idle; if you think you'll be stationary for more than a few minutes, turn the engine off.
It's quiet in here...Add your comment