St John Ambulance Associate Membership Insurance

As a qualified first aider or AED operator, you will have associate membership insurance cover. Your employer must cover you for any claims made against you for incidents arising from your first aid duties at your workplace during work hours. However, you could still be sued for your actions if you administer first aid outside of your workplace or official responsibilities.

You get public liability insurance (up to £10m) if you are faced with a claim arising from first aid you have rendered whilst away from your workplace responsibilities and not covered by employer or other insurance.

You must hold a valid St John Ambulance certificate in either First Aid at Work, Emergency First Aid at Work, Emergency Aid for Motorcyclists/Road Users, Sports First Aid, Anaphylaxis First Aid or AED

You must only administer assistance up to the level of qualification you hold.

To make a claim, locate your certificate number (and course details) and contact:

The Insurance Department
SSt John Ambulance
27 St John's Lane
London EC1M 4BU


It's quiet in here...Add your comment

Recent Updates

07 Jul : Do It Yourself!
27 Oct : My Car Costs
13 Feb : Great Days Out
02 Sep : Nature
25 Nov : Piano for the Amateur
14 Nov : Measure
12 Oct : Simple Programming Exercises
11 Oct : Model Railways
01 Sep : The Developer's Apple Mac
21 May : Influencers