Native Hedge Choices
A gardening friend has told us about the best place in North Norfolk to get bare root hedge plants from, and that is Felthorpe Forest Nursery
, NR10 4DF. Tel: 01603 754553. Their plants are in sizes from 30/40cm to 90/120cm.
It has also been recommended to hard-prune the new bare roots, to encourage growth nearer the base.
This is our list of preferred native hedging:
- Hazel (Corylus Avellona)
- Beech (Fagus Sylvatica)
- Copper Beech (Fagus Sylvatica Purpurea)
- Wild Cherry (Prunus Avium)
- Field Maple (Acer Campestre)
- Small-leaved Lime (Tilia Cordata)
- Silver Birch
- Guelder Rose
- Common Alder (Alnus Glutinosa)
- Common Spindle (Euonymous Europaeus)
- Sweet Briar (Rosa Rubiginosa) or dogrose
Also, maybe some thornless blackberry?
It's quiet in here...Add your comment