Oil Buying Clubs
This is an overview of the various oil buying groups in the UK.
List of Buying Clubs
Here are a couple of sites attempting to list the huge array of oil syndicates in the UK:
Oil Buying Groups
Oil Consolidation: Do You Run a Discount Oil Scheme?
There are very good explanations here:
Frittenden Heating Oil Buying Group
RuralMuse: Heating Oil syndicate
Horringer Oil Buying Syndicate
Brailes 3 Fuels Syndicate FAQs
Maldon and District Local Buying Club
Here are oil-buying clubs we have located:
Add your comment
- Yelvertoft Oil Buying Consortium Yelvertoft, Northamptonshire run by David & Sue Nicholas. They also launched www.theheatingoilclub.co.uk in Feb 2010
- Maldon & District Local Buying Club Maldon, Essex run by Tim Lodge.
- Merton Oil Buying Group Merton, Oxfordshire run by Steve Blood.
- Elmley Castle Buying Group Bunwell, Norfolk run by Nigel Seaward.
- Horringer Oil Buying Syndicate Horringer, Suffolk run by Gordon Hughes.
- Audlem Oil Baron Buying Group Audlem, Cheshire run by Kevin Dawson.
- Hargrave Village Heating Oil Buying Group run by .
- Chedworth Oil Club Chedworth, Gloucestershire run by Paul Lunt.
- Burford Oil Syndicate Burford, Oxfordshire run by Peter Higgs. The Burford Oil Syndicate is a not for profit community group set up for the benefit of the wider community.
- Hankelow Oil Purchasing Consortiu, Hankelow, Cheshire run by Geoff Cope. The Consortium orders its oil 4 times a year on 15th March, 15th June, 15th September and 15th December, and contacts several companies in order to get the best price.
- Barton Ward Oil Club Barton Ward, Cambridge run by Jeremy Cole. 4 villages near Cambridge buy together. 360,000 l per year. Rebate to the village based on litres bought. Barton, Coton, Madingley and Granchster
- The Fuel Co-op East Sussex run by Johnny Denis. The group is based in, but not exclusive to, East Sussex.
- Somerset Community Oil Buying Scheme Somerset run by Jason Tinley. Work Days: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday